- 200g (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of powdered vanilla
preparation: 25 minutes
plus resting time
total: 25 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 323 (kCal) 17 % GDA - 1353 (kJ)
Protein: 4.7 (g) 10 % GDA
Total fat: 15.8 (g) 23 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 42.5 (g) 16 % GDA
Sugars: 17.3 (g) 20 % GDA
This pastry is used for a great number of recipes such as tarts, pies or little cookies. The amount of pastry here is for a 20 cm (8in) pie or tart tin.
Let butter soften out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before short pastry preparation.
Sift flour, sugar, powdered vanillina and salt over a working surface. Sprinkle the pieces of butter over the flour and add egg yolks in the center. With your fingers work the flour with the fat and the other ingredients until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. At this point knead very well and quickly until the mixture becomes homogeneous. Gather the dough into a rough ball and put on to a sheet of cling film. Let it rest for about 30 minutes in a cool place.
- - The secret for a good pastry is not to over-work or allow to become warm. Be careful in summer: it's very difficult to obtain a good result. Think about it when you choose the cake you want to do.
- - For cooking time and filling, consult our recipes.
- - If you want a low fat recipe, consult our page about light recipes.
- - If you want, you can use grated lemon peel instead of powdered vanilla.
Greetings from Italy!
If you want to combine this dish with other ones for a complete menu, consult our "Members-only Area".