Crema al cioccolato
Chocolate cream Authentic Italian recipes
- 6 egg yolks
- 85 g (3oz) white flour
- 500 ml (16 fl oz - 2 C) milk
- 200 g (7oz) sugar
- 85 g (3oz) bitter cocoa
- difficult recipe
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
- Calories: XX(kCal)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Warm up milk; when it begins boiling, switch off the gas.
Meanwhile beat egg yolks with sugar; you should use a little saucepan to be put in a bain-marie finally. Beat yolks and sugar for a long time until you have a frothy mixture. Add white flour (mixed with cocoa) with a strainer, very gently, in order to avoid your mixture collapse and stirring with a whisk continuously. Put saucepan in a bain-marie.Begin adding hot milk very slowly, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon. Your cream has to thicken but you have to avoid it boils. So you have to take away from the flame as soon as you see it begins boiling.
Let it cool stirring now and then.
- - The dose we suggest can be used for filling a sponge cake or profiteroles or other cakes.
- - If you use half the flour, you can prepare an excellent dessert to be served with some assorted biscuits.
- - You can substitute half the flour with potato starch.
- - If you prefer a sweeter cream, you can increase the quantity of sugar until 250 g (1/2 oz)