How to whip the cream Classical technique in cuisine
- 500 ml (16 fl oz - 2 C) whipping cream
- 50 g (1 3/4oz) sugar
preparation: 15 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: XX (kCal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Whipping the cream means to incorporate air and make it softer. But whipping is a technique and you have to follow some simple rules.
- - Use chilled cream. Cream must always be very cold, around 2-3°C. So you have to keep in the fridge until the last moment. If it's very hot you should put it in the freeze for few minutes.
- - Use the right whipping bowl. The best bowl should have sloping sides and would be deep enough to allow the cream double. Choosing the best bowl you avoid splashing around too.
- - Use chilled bowl and whisk. They must be very cold. In winter you can chill them for about half an hour or an hour. In summer it would be better to put them in the freeze for at least ten minutes.
- - When is it better to add the sugar? We recommend to add the sugar before whipping the cream. The right dose is one part sugar and ten part cream. But read well the doses suggested by the specific recipes.
Whipping the cream is easy-to-do.
Pour the cream into the bowl, add the sugar, stir and beat using a wire whisk or electric mixer until the cream begins to hold its shape. Beat until soft peaks form when the whisk is lifted. Do not overwhip the cream or it may separate and become granular, eventually turning into butter.
- - Use the whipped cream at once and, eventually, chill it.
- - You can use icing sugar instead of sugar.
- - Whipped cream can thicken and enrich sauces, garnish fresh fruit or ice cream in cup but it can be spooned on the layers of sponge cake or other cakes or piped on the surface of different cakes.
- - Whipping cream contains at least 35 per cent fat. It is very rich in calories and fat and we recommend not to use it frequently.
- - Besides we recommend you not to accostum your kids to eat so much fat, sugars ... They must learn to associate the whipped cream to a birthday cake or a cake for special occasion.
- - Don't use vegetable cream.Molti usano la panna vegetale illudendosi di assumere meno calorie e meno grassi. In genere sono prodotti a lunga conservazione che incorporano molta aria dando l'illusione di un prodotto più leggero. Poi bisogna stare attenti ai grassi idrogenati, non ci devono essere. E' molto meglio consumarne di meno e preferire una panna fresca.
Greetings from Italy!