Pasta per fondo torta
Pie or tart dough Traditional recipe
The dough for a pie or tart can be done with different techniques. For example I use short pastry a lot of times but when I want to use fresh fruit, such as strawberries, I prefer this dough I'm going to show you which is much softer. You need the same ingredients for short pastry but in different proportions. Want to return to the index for basic preparations?
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 130g (4 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 80g (2.8 ounces) granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- medium difficulty
preparation: 30 minutes
plus resting time
cooking: 25 minutes
total time: 55 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
- Calories: 185(kCal)
10 % -
Protein: 3.0 (g) 4 % GDA
Total fat: 9.6 (g) 14 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 22.9 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 7.1 (g) 8 % GDA
Remove butter from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before starting your preparation.
Work butter with sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl, stirring in the same direction until a cream.
At this point add egg too and stir accurately.
Then pour in sifted flour, all at once, and stir again but quickly.
Transfer your dough on work surface and knead with your hands in order to make it homogeneous.
Then divide it into four equal parts and overlap one on the other by pressing well.
Repeat this step for other three times.
Let your dough rest for about an hour.
After this time, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and then roll out your dough to a thickness of about half a centimeter (0.2in). Use a floured rolling pin for this step.
I generally line bottom and edges of a 22cm (10in) silicone cake mold (so I'm not obliged to use butter) with this dough.
Prick the bottom with a fork, uniformly.
Place baking paper on its surface and fill with dried beans or with ceramic pie weights that can be reused as you can see in the photo.
Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes.
Be very careful about cooking time because the surface of your dough should not be colored. Otherwise you lose the advantage of a soft texture.
Let the dough cool and then remove all ceramic pie weights and baking paper.
Fill according to your fancy or recipe directions.
- - I often have to add more flour compared to the traditional doses I listed but, you know, this is quite common. Too many variables when working with dough. It is sufficient that the used egg is slightly larger than the average, for example.
- - Have you read calories and fat of this cake dough? and there is no filling for the moment. All depends on its ingredients. Fiber per serving: 0.5 grams.